Office & Marketing Intern wanted (6 months)
Intern Office & Marketing assistant ( 6 months)
Urban Nest general trading LLC provides a unique, surprising yet affordable collection of interior design and caters to customers and businesses. Besides a showroom and online store, we also work together with interior designers and design firms on commercial projects.
Our products are curated exclusively from well-reputed Dutch and Latin American design labels and designers. For us affordability, sustainability and unique products that tell a story are the most important filters for selection. Urban Nest is the exclusive distributor in the Middle East region for Dutch design brands like Puik, HK Living, New Citizen Design and Tiny Miracles. We have also created our own collection of Latin American Fairtrade textiles such as rugs and pillow cover.
Urban Nest is a startup company with 4 employees and searching for the right talent to help grow our business in a very informal and casual environment located one of the trendiest places in Dubai.
We are looking for an enthusiastic and interior passionate intern to join our team for a duration of 6 months (minimum commitment of 4 months is required). The intern assists with general office, marketing and administration activities as directed by the managing director. This internship will help you acquire relevant working experience in the interior design and online retail fields. In addition to the possibility of joining the team permanently after completing a successful internship.
The intern will work from the Urban Nest shared studio at Vertical design situated in Al Quoz.
- General office and administrative work
- Setting up meetings and managing the calendar of the managing director.
- Creating customer order/ delivery tracking reports
- Sending and filling of supplier product complaints.
- Creating and updating customer price lists.
- Sales tracking of B2C and B2B customers.
- Creating quotations in an accounting software system.
- Updating and sharing of the payment trackers with the team and accountant.
- All sales and stock reconciliation between stock locations.
- Posting and answering queries on the social media account (Instagram & Facebook).
- Creation and execution of the annual marketing and content calendar.
- Creating of social media collaterals on Canva as per the Branding guidelines.
- Creating all new products and product descriptions on the website (using Shopify)
- Research and identifying potential B2B partners in the Middle East & Levant area.
- Sending catalogues to B2B customers and interior designers
- Assisting and organizing all photoshoots.
- Sending out customer mailings in Mailchimp.
- Collecting qualitative and quantitative data from marketing campaigns.
- Updating databases used for mailings and events.
- Sharing product images with Press and Media.
The ideal candidate has a minimum of 1 year experience in a similar role.
Graduate in the field of Marketing, Supply chain or Interior design.
Excellent Customer service, multi-tasking and organizational skills.
Excellent English verbal and written skills. Arabic is a plus.
Microsoft office proficient (mainly Excel, Word and PowerPoint).
Interest or passion for interior design.
Pro-active and flexible attitude.
Preference for own visa/ spouse/ family visa
Preference for possession of driver’s license and own car.
This is a full-time internship (equivalent to 40 hours a week) based in the shared studio in Al Quoz called
“Vertical design”. This internship will be paid at 1500 AED per month and a minimum commitment of 4 months is required. Working hours are from 9 AM to 5 PM Sunday – Thursdays. Working overtime in the evenings or in the weekend during special events/ launches will be paid additionally.
If needed for study purposes, a case study relevant to Urban Nest business strategy can be provided in the fields of interior design, online retail or distribution.
This internship has the possibility of turning into a permanent position after a successful internship has been completed.
To Apply: Please submit a cover letter and resume to managing director Janaika Elders.
Leave a comment
Comments will be approved before showing up.
Also in News
Falling in Love Made Easy this February
Valentine's Day is coming to a close, and whether you are celebrating with a special someone or with gals, everyone could use a little bit of love, don't you think?
Expressing love through hugs, kisses, gifts or promises, we all have different ways of celebrating and we got you covered on this special occasion!
Opening Doors to our New Nest
For weeks, we have been working on the space—slowly settling in amid a lot of constructions and installations, and placing final touches! We have put in a lot of effort in making sure that our new nest has the Urban Nest vibe, while still being warm, inviting and extra special the moment you first walk through our doors.